Job Description – Technical Group (Assurance)
Qualification: CA or CA and CS with 1-2 years of post-qualification experience.
About the profile: Firm’s technical group is a group specifically formed with the basic objective of providing professional and technical support to all the assurance staff. Mainly, this group is responsible for timely updation/ consultation/ training the assurance staff on all technical fronts.
- Providing guidance to the assurance department on technical matters.
- Assisting in conducting trainings to the assurance department, across all the levels on various GAAP/GAAS/ Companies Act matters.
- Resolving queries of all the assurance staff in consultation with the Manager and Partner.
- Preparing and circulating different news flashes/alerts to the firm, giving all the developments and analysis thereon.
- Preparing and circulating different industry news to specified groups within the firm.
- Comment and formulate firm’s stand on emerging issues.
- Providing comments/suggestions on various exposure drafts issued by ICAI, SEBI, MCA etc.
- Research for the best presented financial statements for different categories.
- Research for the disclosure/ accounting requirements for unusual item or activity.
- Developing all the model formats, reports and letters to be issued to different clients.
- Developing all audit programmes / guidelines for different nature of audits.
- Develop standard templates – specific projects and general ongoing improvement projects.
- Develop processes for audit quality monitoring and compliance.
- Technical maintenance of Assurance Database.
- Providing direct/indirect client support in the form of technical updation, affecting the client’s business.
- Collating the experiences and/ or research of all assurance staff, for specific problems with the solutions, to be used in future by other staff members.
- Assisting in developing the thought leadership publications.
- Assisting in conducting thought leadership seminars.
- Liaise with government and other regulatory authorities.
- Working closely with Ind AS/IFRS Core group of the firm on Ind AS/IFRS related matters.
- Working and coordinating with other service lines within the firm on the technical issues.
- Strong written and communication skills;
- Research and technical skills;
- Excellent email and report writing skills;
- Good team-work spirit.