We are seeking a qualified Manager to join and lead our Financial Advisory Services (FAS) team.
The position reports to the Senior Manager or Partner and will have direct responsibility for the FAS team as follows:
- Manage various FAS projects (e.g. M&A, due diligence – inbound/outbound, purchase price allocation, etc.) for clients in various industries at the highest technical and professional standard.
- Monitor progress of the project in accordance with the timeline and budget.
- Manage a team of up to 5 members, including seniors and juniors.
- Takes a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations.
- Coach, train and develop staff to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Play a role in certain internal initiatives (marketing, compliance, training, etc.) at local and sometimes regional level.
What is appealing about a Career Path with Mazars
The successful candidate will be given a unique chance to:
- Directly contribute to the fast development of Mazars in Japan
- Enjoy being part of a diverse multicultural Mazars community in Japan
- Experience a large variety of assignments and clients’ industries
- Attend regional training programs outside Japan
- Explore rotational opportunities abroad and be encouraged to do so.
What we are looking for in the Candidate
✓Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in Japan or overseas in a related field (business, accounting, etc.)
✓5+ years of experience providing financial advisory services in a large or mid-size firm (or combination of audit and advisory services)
✓Knowledge of Japanese reporting requirements is a plus
✓Other experience outside of FAS (e.g. external audit, consulting) will be considered
✓Strong business oriented mind and interest in developing/growing our FAS business
✓Strong desire and ability to communicate with clients at the highest level
✓Strong interpersonal, communication, and team/project management skills
✓Business-level Japanese & English are required
✓Knowledge of other languages are a plus
✓CPA, CFA or similar certifications are a plus