Manager, Accounting & Advisory
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced manager, who is client service focused, to transition to a broad accounting compliance and consultative role. You will also gain insight and experience into how to manage a fast growth entrepreneurial business unit.
A key member of the management team, your role is pivotal to client experience and to accelerating team growth and success. You will supervise and support the provision of accounting, payroll and advisory services to a broad portfolio of international clients. You will also be responsible for new prospect engagements and the subsequent onboarding process.
You will manage a group of staff and impart your technical expertise to help your team develop and grow, acting as their coach and mentor. You will also take ownership of your team’s service delivery and ultimately their financial performance.
- Supervise and support the provision of accounting, payroll and advisory services to a broad portfolio of international clients.
- Participate in new client prospects meetings and the subsequent onboarding process.
- Garner a deep understanding of your client’s businesses to help ensure that Mazars’ reports and advice are timely and relevant and that a strong “Trusted Business Advisor” relationship is in place.
- Impart technical expertise to your team to ensure accounts are prepared in-line with International Financial Standards. Furthermore, to highlight other possible advisory and compliance issues e.g. taxation, Companies Act, immigration to the appropriate experts within Mazars for further consideration.
- Plan the work of your team and help them to ensure deliverables are timely and processes are efficient.
- Take ownership of the financial performance of your team.
- Ensure all firm quality and risk processes are understood and complied with by your team.
- Coach and continuously develop staff and support their happiness and well-being.
- Be a key member of the management team, exhibiting and promoting high levels of client service and commercial thinking.
- Involve in any other adhoc projects and related tasks as and when required by the Partner(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent recognised professional qualification.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience with 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably from a professional services firm in an Accounting Outsourcing and/or Audit environment.
- Deep understanding of Singapore compliance requirements – accounting, tax, payroll and companies act.
- Excellent communication skills, including spoken and written English, and ability to work across all levels.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Client service focused, entrepreneurial and commercial thinker.