Objective of this role:
This role focuses on quality management to ensure professional standards compliance.
- Stay current on industry development related to engagement standards that impact out business.
- Develop policies and procedures related to the Firm’s system of quality management as required by professional standards.
- Implement policies and procedures that support compliance with professional standards (MIA, AOB, PCAOB, IESBA, IFRS etc.).
- Draft thought leadership material to support both internally and externally focused campaigns.
- Monitor Firm compliance with applicable quality management and quality control standards e.g. ISQC, ISQM.
- Manage the Firm’s internal inspection process.
- Manage the Firm’s reporting requirements to external parties.
- Perform engagement quality reviews based on professional standards.
- Maintain and update the Firm’s quality management manuals and SOPs.
- Participate in both regulatory and global control inspections.
- Minimum Degree in Accounting or any relevant field
- Qualified accountant – MIA/ACCA/CPA Australia, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years audit or quality management experience for senior role.
- Team player.
Technical & Professional Knowledge / Membership:
- Member in any relevant professional bodies
- Knowledge of the quality control, ethics and independence standards.
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence in compliance with engagement standards.
- Ability to research and document complex accounting and engagement standards issues.
- Ability to translate high-level technical literature into commonly understood language and usable data.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills required.
- A desire to help grow and develop the department, and the ability to develop self and others.