Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in 89 countries with over 23,000 professional staff worldwide. Mazars Queensland is rapidly growing with over 120 staff in the Brisbane CBD location, offering modern and a spacious working environment. We offer professional development to support career progression and a vibrant and social culture along with staff benefits.
About the role
Our team is looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to hit the ground running. This role would suit someone who is autonomous and technically experienced. With your skills and abilities, you will be able to take on medium to large jobs and liaise with the client directly to resolve queries.
We need a reliable and hardworking person who can be trusted to take on jobs. We are looking for someone who is eager to apply the knowledge they have gained in their career and to also take advantage of the training available throughout the firm and in the team.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be primarily responsible for the:
- Preparation of Income Tax Returns and Financial Statements for Trusts, Partnerships and Companies
- Provision and research of taxation advice
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Prompt and effective communication with clients through emails, phone calls and meetings
- Review of BAS’s and IAS’s
- Training of new graduates and/or co-workers
- Liaison with the team manager for feedback or advice
- Management of personal work-flow
- Preparation of fees
- 4-5 years of experience within the Accounting industry (Public Practice)
- Commerce related degree
- Completion of CA/CPA qualifications
- Strong problem solving and workflow planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with MYOB AE (desirable)
- Experience with Xero (desirable)
- Ability to work well within a team environment
In return for your dedication and hard work, you will enjoy:
- Access to various training opportunities relating to accountancy in general
- Access to various initiatives and employee benefits (such as our rewards and discount platform and employee recognition program)
- Inner city working location with access to many public transport methods and retail shops.
If you feel that you are ready to join our family, please apply using the following link.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!