• Large Accounting Firm with over 30% Growth
• Professional Development Supporting Career Progression
• Vibrant and Social Culture
Mazars is a fast growing accounting firm in Australia with innovation and positive social contribution at its core. Join us to be a part of this rewarding adventure. Wherever you are, we are all part of the same family.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating throughout 102 countries and territories, with over 20,000 professional staff worldwide. Mazars Australia is rapidly growing with over 120 staff in North Sydney alone and now locations in Brisbane and Melbourne. We offer professional development to support career progression and a vibrant and social culture along with staff benefits. At Mazars, you don’t just have contacts, you create a world-class network for life.
The position of Senior Accountant will assist the Manager/s and Director/s in ensuring that all work is completed accurately for the client. They will also start to develop key relationships with existing and new to practice clients to assist with obtaining new work.
Work assignments will include managing staff, developing client relationships and completing a range of work including complex tax and financial assignments. The Senior Accountant will delegate appropriate work to all staff at lower levels and will have established professional relationship with all clients.
The Responsibilities Include:
• Work with Manager and Parter to develop client relationships and build new work
• Delegate, manage performance and assist junior staff
• Communicate With Clients
• Obtaining and providing relevant information to the necessary bodies
• Preparation of corporate tax requirements and advisory
• Preparation of financial statements
• Communicating with clients and regulatory bodies
• Preparation of billing
• Business development
To Apply For This Position You Will Have:
• 8+ years business services experience with a public practice accounting firm
• Undergraduate & CA/CPA qualified
• PC Literate in Microsoft suite
• Must have MYOB and XERO experience
• Thorough understanding of accounting standards and Tax legislation
• Ability to plan and prioritise work assignments and assist junior staff in prioritising their work
• Advanced problem solving and research skills
• Well-developed written and verbal skills
• Increased understanding and the ability to identify issues as they relate to work assignments
• Ability to train junior staff
• Ability to ensure that self and junior staff adhere to budget and time guidelines
• Ability to assess individual capabilities of all junior staff and allocate work assignments accordingly
• 5-7 years business services experience with a public practice accounting firm
• Experience at the Senior/Supervisor level
• Completion of undergraduate studies in Accounting and the CA/CPA program
To Dare, To Create, To Innovate. At Mazars, we favour people over processes. Thus, we encourage our staff to speak up, contribute and share their innovative ideas.
If you feel that you are ready to join our family, please apply using the following link https://mazarsaustralia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=36