We are seeking a qualified Senior Auditor to join and lead our Audit team.
Type of Position
This person will be the “in charge” of audit and assurance engagements (audit, reviews, agreed-upon procedures) on group financial reporting and local financial statements of clients active in various industries. The senior auditor will be expected to lead the fieldwork and handle day-to-day communications with the client in both English and Japanese. This person will also be responsible for drafting reports and memorandums in English addressed to Group Auditors abroad. Most of our clients are Japanese entities of large international groups or funds.
The Senior auditor will be responsible for supervising a number of junior professionals and report either to managers or partners of the firm.
As a key member of our current small team, this person may also be asked to participate in special non-audit assignments (consulting, financial due diligence, internal audit, etc.), as well as play a role in certain internal initiatives (marketing, compliance, training, etc.) at local and sometimes regional level.
What is appealing about a Career Path with Mazars
The successful candidate will be given a unique chance to:
– Directly contribute to the fast development of Mazars in Japan from a current small base
– Enjoy being part of a diverse multicultural Mazars community in Japan
– Be exposed to a wide variety of international clients and communicate with c-level executives
– Quickly improve their English language verbal and written skills
– Work cross-functionally on a variety of assignments (audit, advisory, consulting) for clients of varying industries
– Attend regional training programs outside Japan
– Explore opportunities abroad and will be encouraged to do so.
What we are looking for in the Candidate
✓ 3-6 years’ experience as a senior auditor in an accounting firm (in Japan or abroad)
✓ Knowledge of Japanese reporting requirements is a plus
✓ Other experience outside of audit may be considered advantageous
✓ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Japan or overseas
✓ Japanese CPA or a comparable qualification such as US CPA, ACCA, CTA
✓ Other relevant qualifications will be considered
The candidate must enjoy working with individuals from various backgrounds, have a strong business-oriented mind, as well as a strong desire and ability to communicate with clients at the highest level.
Strong interpersonal, communication, and project management skills are a must, including the ability to lead teams of at least 5 members.
Business-level English skills are required or at least a strong desire to learn and develop such skills. Knowledge of other languages are highly valued as well.