Primarily work within a global audit methodology team at Mazars to help develop, train, and promote audit methodology to the firms’ auditors in line with International and Indian Standards of Auditing. You will be provided with challenging assignments and interesting work, including:
- Providing support in Audit & Assurance in the areas of EQCR, PCAOB, Practice Reviews and Reporting to regulators and Mazars Audit Methodology (MAM).
- Overseeing and managing the external and internal audit inspection process.
- Working closely with MAM leader and Audit Partners in managing audit risk, specifically in the maintenance and continuous improvement of audit quality and implementation of audit methodology in Mazars Audit practice.
- Establishing policies and procedures in performing engagement quality control reviews in a consistent and robust manner for compliance with policies.
- Providing support on performing compliance check and audit quality monitoring program.
- In coordination with global Mazars Audit methodology team, ensuring that the compliance with auditing standards is maintained in Mazars Audit management software i.e. Atlas
- Actively participate and liaise with global Mazars Audit methodology team and follow all Mazars communication channels involving audit quality related initiatives
- Introducing technology-oriented solutions to the overall Mazars Audit Methodology
- Conducting MAM Trainings for the auditors and ensuring compliance with yearly MAM technical trainings calendar
- Implementing best audit practices with respect to methodologies
- Researching about emerging topics vis a vis their impact on audit methodologies
- Liaising with regulators and ICAI in order to present Mazars feedback on relevant and emerging audit topics
- On rotational basis, performing 2-3 statutory audits in an year of clients from different sectors
- Any other duties/projects as assigned from time to time.
- Design and implement Mazars’ audit methodology that serves individuals with a “how to audit effectively” approach regarding compliance, quality, and efficiency
- Help implement the methodology pillar of ISQM1
- Anticipate and adapt new or revised standards into Mazars’ audit methodology
- Contribute to the future of work and Augmented Audit/Reinventing Audit
- Contribute to the evolutions of corporate reporting with non-financial information / sustainability
Additional for Senior Managers
- Knowledgeable in current trend to drive continuous improvement.
- Inspire followership through passion, integrity and appreciation to others.
- At least 6 – 8 years of audit & assurance client service experience;
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and auditing standards;
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and complete tasks/projects in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Strong ability to listen, analyze and resolve issues independently.
- Conceptual thinking and pragmatic in execution.
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Mandatory experience in a role within audit quality, risk management and/or learning.