Objective of this role:
This role focuses on technical development and support on professional standards relate to financial reporting, accounting and auditing.
- Stay current on industry development related to engagement standards that impact out business.
- Be and active participant in engagement standard setter activities, which may include conference attendance, task force participation, professional response to comment letters, etc.
- Develop strategies and materials to implement both new and changed standards efficiently.
- Implement details policies and procedures that support compliance with professional standards (MIA, AOB, PCAOB, IESBA, IFRS etc.)
- Draft thought leadership material to support both internally and externally focused campaigns.
- Perform technical consultations and reviews.
- Research and document accounting, financial reporting and auditing issues.
- Maintain the Firm’s templates, programs and checklists relevant to the conduct of professional services.
- Prepare technical training material and technical update.
- Maintain and update the Firm’s technical library.
- Minimum Degree in Accounting or any relevant field
- Qualified accountant – MIA/ACCA/CPA Australia, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years (for manager) or 3 years (for senior) audit or technical support experience.
- Team player.
Technical & Professional Knowledge / Membership:
- Member of any relevant professional bodies.
- Knowledge of the professional standards in accounting, auditing and financial reporting (e.g. IFRS, ISA).
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence in compliance with professional standards.
- Ability to perform technical consultations and reviews.
- Ability to research and document accounting and auditing standards issues.
- Ability to translate technical literature into commonly understood language and usable data.
- People management experience (for manager).
- Excellent communication skill.
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills required.
- A desire to help grow and develop the department, and the ability to develop self and others.